Sunday 10 June 2012

Eye colour palettes, the good and the bad

I must admit that when I first entered the would of makeup I wasn't too sure what I was doing and my mum wasn't much help either with tips, looks or techniques. Therefore I basically I learned all of that from the web.

But what I didn't learn from the web was how to apply multiple different colors eyeshadows to help define and or brighten a look and I was stuck with just did the monotone look, wether it was a monotone taupe or pastel green.

All that changed when I got my hand on my first Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow in Mocha Motion.

Not only did the pack have contain four colours which complemented each other but it also came with instructions on how to apply these colours to your eyelid to create either a well defined, classical or subtle look and I have never looked back...
Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow in Crown Jewels, Mocha Motion and Seashore Frosts
Maybelline Hyper Diamonds in Bronze Diamonds,Covergirl Eye Enhancers in Berries and Cream and Covergirl Exact Eyelights in Vivid Greens.
Here are a couple of things that I like and dislike about eye colour palettes:

Likes

  • Great for the beginner 
  • Colours in each palette fit together perfectly 
  • Professionally finished look each time 

Dislikes

  • Many packs have the same amount of each colour but if you need to use more of one colour than another, you will soon be left with a half finished pack 
  • Some packs are not very pigmented

Have you ever bought any eye colour palettes which were made for specifically for a couple of looks?





1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I do like palettes because they're easier to carry with you and more compact than single shadows! I do agree it's annoying if you use more of one shade than the others and then end up with a half finished pan. :)

    ReplyDelete