Sunday 10 June 2012

Review: Lancome Rouge in Love

Last month I was one of the lucky ladies that got to trial the Lancome Rouge in Love Lipstick in Coral in Love 322M which is a lovely pinky coral colour.
For $45 you get 3.40g of bliss.
Lancome Rouge in Love

When you remove this lipstick from the sliver box you are faced with a beautiful frosted silver tube with a rose impression upon the top of the lid, on the front is a picture frame with the words Rouge in Love written on it, and as you can see in the image below the back has a lovely stitching pattern that makes me think of the back of a ladies leg which is wearing old fashioned stockings which is a nice touch. The word Lancome is also embossed twice around the base of the tube.
Lancome Rouge in Love in the colour Corail in Love

Since I am not usually a lipstick user because of the feel and longevity of lipstick I was therefore pleasantly surprised at how long wearing and comfortable I found this lipstick to be, but you still need to give it a couple of minutes to set before you drink anything but the colour comes straight off when you eat.

Lancome claims that this lipstick last 6 hours but I am still looking for someone that I know that does not eat for 6 hours straight.

Just so that you can see how this lipstick looks over a 5 hour period without eating I have made some pictures for you, you can click on each to see the larger image:
My lips without colour:
My lips without colour
Just applied Coral in Love:
Just applied Corail in Love
After 1 hour:
After 1 hour of wear of Corail in Love
After 2 hours:
After 2 hours of wear of Corail in Love
After 5 hours:
After 5 hours of wear of Corail in Love

Likes/Features:

  • Colour looks different yet natural
  • Lasted 5 hours without touch ups or reapplication
  • Feels creamy and glides onto my lips almost like a lip balm
  • Feels moisturising when you first apply
  • Dries to a satin finish
  • Does not dry out my lips once set
  • Does not fade or bleed
  • Medium Coverage which is buildable
  • You can change the colour by using different coloured lip liners underneath
  • Lovely old world Rose scent to the lipstick
  • Great looking packaging 
  • The sturdy metal packaging did not get damaged in my bag even after a month of carrying it around
  • Lid clicks into place, I don't think I would ever have issues with it coming off in my bag
  • Made in France

Dislikes:

  • Price, but what can I say, these companies price their products depending on what people are willing to pay for their products and there are enough people who are willing to purchase at this price for this product and company to stay on the shelf... that must mean something
Would I purchase this myself?
If this product was ever on a good sale then most definitely yes, but for someone on my budget, sadly this is a product that will only be admired from afar when I have finished my tube of Coral in Love.

Have you tried the Lancome Rouge in Love Lipstick Range?

4 comments:

  1. Great review, hun...and can I say, so jealous you got Corail in Love, that's definitely one of the standout colours in the range!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coconal! I love the colour Corail in love, I am so happy with it :)

      Delete
  2. Great review. I also got to trial the lancome lipstick in a red colour. Love it but it looks like yours lasted a bit longer than my one did. I did a review on my blog too.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your review, pity that the lipstick did not last the distance!

      Delete