Sunday 1 April 2012

Review: Maybelline Hyper Diamonds Eye Colour Palette

Maybelline Hyper Diamonds in Bronze Diamonds
Today I thought I might give a review of the Maybelline Hyper Diamonds Eye Colour Palette which I have in Bronze Diamonds.

This product promises to give you a glittery diamond like effect with the soft, silky and blendable formulation of this eyeshadow.

This eyeshadow range comes in 5 pretty looking palette's, the choices includes Charcoal Diamonds, Bronze Diamonds, Berry Diamonds, Sapphire Diamonds and Emerald Diamonds. So therefore there should be a colour combination for all styles!

As a huge fan of Maybelline products I was very happy when I got this product as a win from Beauty Heaven.




Here is the look I created with this pallet and following the instructions on the back:
Maybelline Hyper Diamonds in Bronze Diamonds

Likes:
  • Pigmentation of the darker colours are intense.
  • Smooth, silky application
  • Applicator guide helps out beginners who has not used multiple eyeshadow shades before.
  • Lasts all day if you use a primer (or else the colours slip around the eyelid and the look becomes blotchy)
  • It comes with a sponge applicator which has a 'fat' and a 'tapered' end, I use the 'fatter' end for the lighter shades and the tapered end is perfect for the intense colours
  • You can use this product for every day occasions though it may be considered too shimmery for some.
Dislikes:
  • The shimmer glitter top coat as quite a bit of fall out which can be really annoying.
  • Hard to access the applicator guide as it is behind a sticky panel on the back, therefore you need to memorise it then get to work.
  • Though this is not a fault nor does it affect the quality of the product I was quite disappointed to see the word 'made in china' on the back. When I see Maybelline I expect to see 'made in USA' on the back, for two reasons:
    • 1: because that is what I have always seen on the back ever since I can remember. The exceptions are the last three products I have aquired from their range which are (baby lips, master precise eyeliner and this hyper diamonds eyeshadow)
    • 2: because it is sad to see that America and her people have been struggling financially and to see another American brand sourcing the manufacturing of their products overseas and denying their own people jobs

Have you got/used this pallett?
Do you like it?

4 comments:

  1. I have the exact same palette and am not a fan. :( It's just too glittery and I think the shadows could be more pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this cos I feel in love with the gold/bronze colour...but now I don't really know what colour lipstick and blush to wear with it. What did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kristi! When I do up my eyes I like to keep the rest of my face close to neutral (since the shimmer can be quite intense, depending on how much eyeshadow you use).
      I used a sheer mauve blush and semi-matte lipstick which was close to my normal lip shade with a hint of pink.

      Delete
  3. Sorry for the double reply but for my lips and cheeks I stayed away from corals/browns as my skin will look too orange (My skin is pale with yellow undertones)

    ReplyDelete