Saturday 7 April 2012

Review: Bourjois Clubbing Liner

When I went to the Heat Group sale one of the many bargains that I picked up was the Bourjois Clubbing Liner in the colour Brown vibes. The RRP for this beauty is $21 but I picked it up for a sweet $3 and I have fallen in love...
Bourjois Clubbing Liner in Brown vibes
As you can see from the image above this liquid eyeliner comes with a inbuilt brush for appliation and it comes in 6 different shades which are: Absolute black, Black fever, Electro Blue, Violet Laser, Brown vibes and Bronze dance floor.

To see how the eyeliner looks I have pasted below an an image of my eye with no makeup on at all:

My eye without any makeup
And below is an image of my eye with some eyeliner applied just to my upper lash line, the line may be a bit wonky but I am still new at applying liquid eyeliners.
With addition of Bourjois Clubbing Liner to my upper lash line
With addition of Bourjois Clubbing Liner to my
upper lash line and I used the Clubbing eyeliner
to coat my lower lashes in colour
I heard somewhere that some people actually uses an eyeliner as a 'mascara' for their lower lashes. As you can see from the above images my lashes have blonde tips, but I don't like putting mascara on my lower lashes as I find that it often looks too heavy for me.

Therefore I tried putting this clubbing mascara on my bottom lashes and as you can see in the image to the right my lower lashes look more defined but not heavy or too thick, it also didn't smudge flake or run all day which was a real plus. But I wouldn't do it everyday as I can only coat a couple of lashes at a time due to the small brush.




Below is also the winged eyeliner look I created with this eyeliner which is more wearable for me than when I did it with a black liner, since it doesn't look as harsh.

Top: eye partially closed, bottom: eye open. Winged eyeliner look using Bourjois clubber eyeliner and mascara.

Likes:
  • Intense colour that lasts
  • The shimmer is subtle and not in your face
  • Can be used everyday (brown is much more flattering than black for my complexion)
  • Stays put all day (does not run or smudge)
  • Easy to create thin lines with the 'wet' formula and soft thin brush
  • Easy to remove at the end of the day when cleansing my face.
Dislikes:
  • I know it wasn't their fault but I only found only one brown bottle unopened at the sale!

Do you use eyeliner? Have you ever tried Bourjois Clubbing Liner?
What is your favourite colour to use?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Coconal!
      I find that the 'less intense' brown eyeliner looks better on me than black so I am very happy with this eyeliner :)

      Delete
  2. It's very pretty! I have only tried black liquid liner but this looks like a winner X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This brown makes the eyeliner look more subtle and suits me very well, I wasn't too sure that I would like it at first but I am very happy with this purchase

      Delete