Monday 7 May 2012

Review Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

The first thing I want to get off my chest is the price of this product. It costs $83.50 for 75mL which is a little pricey but the microfolant does last for months and leaves you with a nicely cleansed face after use.
From left to right: the packsging; the microfoliant vessel with the lid off showing the holes from which you can pore the microfoliant powder from.

Considering the cost I think that Dermalogica wants you to know that you have got the real thing which has not been tampered with therefore there is a holographic safety seal sealing the top of the box as can been seen in the image to the left below, but funnily enough the bottom of the box is not sealed at all... :)
The top of the packaging showing the guenine safety seal.

But there is nothing stopping you from opening the box from the bottom...
As for the product itself, the microfoliant is a fine rice powder that you need to mix with a small amount of water to create a paste before you massage it into your face for about one minute before rinsing your face throughly. The cleansing activity is based more upon enzyme action than a manual/abrasive exfoliation.

About half a teaspoon of microfoliant
Microfoliant with the addition of a small amount of water ready to be massaged onto your face for 1-2minutes.


Likes:
  • Kind a gentle to the skin yet gives a through clean.
  • Leaves skin glowing and smooth.
  • Gentle enough to use daily
  • Deep cleaning enough to used once every couple of days (contradictory, I know but true)
  • Easy to rinse off, I am never left with any residue on my face
  • Very soft powder scent which is almost non-existent
Dislikes:
  • Price is a little high for some girls who would benefit greatly from such a gentle yet effective product.
  • Takes a couple of weeks to get used to making the paste.
  • A little time consuming to use compared to other cleaners that you just squirt and massage into your face, not a product you would use when you are in a rush.

Have you used this microfolant before? Do you like it?
What is your favourite exfoliator?

4 comments:

  1. I love this..I've been using it a few days every week and my skin feels so soft and smooth after washing it off!

    I also like the novelty of making your own paste from the powder. :P

    PS- I love the photos you've taken of it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like you. Though I like this product I don't use it daily as they say I should:)

      Delete
  2. I have the Microfoliant and I think it is good but I haven't seen massive results on my skin. I will start using it again though, it is a shame not to use such a beautiful product X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The results are not massive but they are notable if you are going from an product that that doesn't work too well to this :)

      Delete