Monday 9 January 2012

LOTD, JK jemma kidd fashion palette, one last post!

Hi all!


I have already introduced you to the wonderful JK jemma kidd makeup palette and I have also shown and described the the look I generally make using the makeup palette's eyeshadows. Now I would like to demonstrate how the lip glosses look upon my lips.

The first picture below (Figure 1) is of the glosses applied straight onto my lips without anything underneath ie no lipstick/lipstain or lipliner. I have used the clear pink gloss on the right half of my lips in Figure 1 and the nude shimmer is on the left half of my lips. In the photo is displayed with a bit of tuning of the colours so you can see a slight difference in the two glosses which is hardly visible in normal life where the glosses actually look more like a lip balm such as Vaseline.

Figure 1 - JK jemma kidd Fashion makeup palette, glosses in action, the right hand side is the clear pink gloss whilst the left is the nude shimmer.

The best way to see the lipglosses is to add some more colour to the lips before hand. Here in Figure 2 are the same two glosses applied to the same halves as described in Figure 1 but over a lipliner base. The lipliner I have used is the Covergirl Smoothers in the colour 635 Burgundy Velvet.
Here you can see that both glosses have a nice shimmer to them but it is still hard to tell the difference between them.

Figure 2 - CG smoothers lipliner in 635 Burgundy Red under the JK jemma kid Fashion Palette lip glosses, the right hand side is the clear pink gloss whilst the left is the nude shimmer.

Do you perfer to see distinct differences between two colour's in a two colour makeup palette?

2 comments:

  1. It's very pretty! I must start experimenting with lipliners :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corrina! the main reason why I started to use lipliners as a colour base before I put on lipglosses is because I have quite a few that I never use and it really does spice up the lipgloss too!

    ReplyDelete