Sunday 8 January 2012

EOTD, JK jemma kidd Fashion Palette in action!

Today I will show you how I apply the eye shadows from the JK Jemma Kidd Fashion Makeup Palette that I blogged about yesterday and show you how they look on my skin which I would describe as pale with yellow undertones.


Rather than following the direct instructions on the inside of the palettes lid which is way too bold for my complexion, especially if I am going for a daytime look, I do it this way instead and at the end should look like this:
EOTD using the JK Fashion Palette eyeshadows
  1.  First to prepare the surface of the eyelid by applying an eye primer or a concealer, I find that the concealer works just as well as a primer and is much cheaper too since I have concealers floating around that don’t match my skin that well which is easily hidden under eye shadows.
  2. Starting with the glittery black eyeliner you can get very close to the upper lash line because it is super easy to apply. You don’t need to press down hard or go over the same place many times unless you are trying to get a bolder line, it just glides on and the glittery flecks are minimal therefore giving you some glittery but is no way over the top.
  3. Then apply the neutral shade to the entire lid and up to the eyebrow.
  4. The defining colour is applied to the outer segment of the upper lash line and just over half way across the crease line, once again starting from the outer corner and this is blended in.
  5. Then apply your normal mascara to your lashes.
  6. Also if you have a eyebrows like me it is best to darken your eyebrows a bit so that the deep colours do not look too dark on you.
See the two images below to see the finished look on both eyes. Please note I didn't put any foundation on the skin surrounding my eyes so my skin is looking a bit reddish.

EOTD JK Fashion Palette, eyes looking down


EOTD JK Fashion Palette, opened eyes

Do you like?
What would you have done different?

No comments:

Post a Comment