Saturday 7 January 2012

JK jemma kidd Fashion Palette

Quite a while ago I was introduced to the Jemma Kidd makeup range by winning the Jemma Kidd makeup palette and it is a simple yet versatile kit.

Image 1 -  JK jemma kidd Fashion Palette
This fashion palette RRP in Australia is $55.95 and contains:
*Two eye shadows; one is a neutral shade and the second is a deep defining eye shadow colour which are perfect for making that perfect smoky eye look, please refer to the top two sections in Figure 2 if you would like to see the colours.
*Two lip glosses one once again is nude shimmer and the second is a clear pink gloss, which are located bottom two sections of Figure 2.
*The last piece is the black glitter pencil eyeliner, located in between the eye shadows and lip glosses in Figure 2 and has a handy inbuilt ribbon installed that when pulled lifts the pencil out from its compartment so you can grab it easily.
Figure 2 - My opened JK Fashion Palette, as you can see I have already used this palette a number of times
The JK Fashion Palette also features the following as can be seen in Figure 3;
*A decent sized mirror in the lid that is magnetically secured in place when closed that helps you when you put on your makeup on the go.
*Handy instructions on the right hand side of the lid that when followed helps you create a great night time smoky eye look using the components of this palette, plus a couple of extra makeup staples.
*An image on the left hand side of the lid of a look you can achieve using the colours from this palette and the instructions from the left hand side of the lid.
Figure 3 - Opened JK Fashion Palette showing the makeup and the mirror on the lid.

And if you care about where your products are made the box informs us that the contents are made in Italy whilst it is assembled in China.


The verdict:

This is a and simple palette that is easy to carry, it looks very stylish and when used right creates a very nice look that is best suited for evening wear but if you are very light with the defining eye shadow it is also great for day wear.

The eyeliner are is easy to apply and glides on without too much pressure and the flecks of silver glitter is minimal and does not interfere with an elegant day or evening look. Another bonus, it does not disappear during the day and does not smudge, excellent.
The eye shadows are also super easy to use too! As soon as I wipe my brush on the eye shadow heaps is picked up and the powder just sticks to my eyelid upon application and does not budge, full stop, it does not budge. Which is brilliant since you know it is going to last all day, but then again when I make a wrong stroke or a too dark line with the defining colour I needed to use either makeup remover or Nivea Creme on a cotton bud to remove it since trying to make it disappear by swiping my finger over the area or trying to brush it to try to make it fade does not work. But since longevity is more important to me that is just something small that you just need to keep in mind so that you are more careful with your application.

The lip glosses is the only thing that I am not too fussed about, you may ask 'why?' if you like :)
The reason is because they feel just like I am using Vaseline and I cannot find any reason why there are two shades supplied as they look practically the same on my lips and that is the colour clear just as if I really was wearing Vaseline. Also, I am absolutely certain that on a hot summer’s day those lip glosses are going to melt and if I am carrying this palette in my bag I am sure I will end up with a huge sticky mess and a ruined palette.

My only other issue is that since this seems like a palette that is easy to carry out and about there should supply either an eye shadow applicator or a space where one can be stored, even if I never use it I know that will never be caught out with nothing to apply the shadows with.

What is your favourite versatile makeup palette?

4 comments:

  1. I love the nude shimmer gloss!! Its gorgeous.

    Personally I prefer to make up my own palettes, then I love every colour. It can be hard to find a palette that includes every colour you want to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beauty in a Bottle, I guess how the colours of the lipglosses appear depends very much on our own complexion and natural colours :)
    I am glad that the two lipglosses do actually give a different appearance on others such as yourself :)

    After I did my blog I did a search on this JK Fashion palette and I saw someone else post photos of themself after they did their makeup using this palette (their complexion was a lot darker than mine) and the colours looked very different on them and you could actually see that the two lipglosses were different in shades but sadly I could not see that on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award! Check out http://luxuryonthelips.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-blog-award_08.html for information..

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive never been a fan of lip colors in a palette form, but this palette seems really nice in terms of that!

    ReplyDelete