Monday 28 May 2012

I've just bought a pair of Skechers Shape-Up's

Yesterday I went to the shoe department in Myer with a $50 voucher which needed to be spent (expiry date is the end on June 2012) and in need for a new pair of sneakers and just by co-incedince the Skechers range of Shape-Up foot wear was on sale so I decided to try them on and I took them home since I was happy with the price (RRP AU$149.95 on sale to $70), the softness and the general feel of these shoes.

Included in the shoebox you get a extra set of shoe laces if the original white ones are not your thing, a Shape-Ups book and DVD with a Shape-Ups workout, I don't think I would ever watch the DVD though :P.

Skechers Shape-Ups, Jump Start's in the colour white, silver, blue

As I was purchasing the shoes the sales woman advised me to only use it for a couple of hours the first time I wore them until I got used to them since they apparently they give you a real work out. Well I didn't heed that advise and put these shoes on as soon as I got home and went for a two hour walk that very same day and went for another 2 hour walk early the next morning and and I wore them for the rest of the day and I must say that I don't feel a thing apart from the soft and cushy comfort of these shoes (not that I was expecting to be sore, I just thought that I would do a search).

Therefore I decided to do a google search for these shoes and I unearthed a whole lot of bad press. Apparently the brands claims about the shoes does wonders to tone and shape your whole body is a whole load of rubbish.
There are also claims and that for the elderly and people with joint problems these shoes can cause a lot more pain and there are also issues with instability and falling.

These issues are so big that Skechers were to taken to court about claims of false advertising and they are in court again for safety issues, wow, I had never heard of that. With these court cases happening Skechers has been told that consumers are eligible for a partial refund for being mislead...Jikes! That is quite a loss in profits!

Even though I have now heard the bad press about these shoes, it has not changed the fact that I love the comfort of these shoes. I have bought quite a few sport shoes over the years and recently I have been having trouble finding comfortable shoes that protect and does not damage the skin on my wide feet nor leaves blisters in their wake.


As for the claims for helping you tone your body just remember though these shoes may 'help' you, but you still need to put in the hard-yard with exercising regularly whilst wearing these shoes ie don't get sucked in by any brands claims about getting toned just by wearing their shoes! If it sounds too good to be true then it usually is!

Do you own a pair of Skechers Shape Up? Don't they just feel great to wear?
Do you think they help tone your muscles?

2 comments:

  1. I don't own a pair but I have tried a friend's and they didn't really feel like they were giving you a workout. They are super comfy though and I think you got them for a great price! :)

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I am really happy with these shoes so far :)

      Delete