Thursday 9 February 2012

NOTD Ozotic Nail Polish #530 – Elytra


When I first received the Ozotic Nail Polish in #530 – Elytra 15mL RRP$14.95. I first thought that it was a cute mix of red gold and pink coloured glitter in one polish when I was looking at the glitter in the bottle.

But when I applied it I found that it is actually one type of glitter that reflects a different colour depending on which angle you look at it that ranges from gold to orange to red then to purple. An effect that is very hard to capture on camera as you can see on my nails in the image below it just looks like pieces of dark colour dots on my nails.
Ozotic Nail Polish in #530
In the image below you can have a better look at how much glitter I got per coat of polish:
  • ·         Index finger: one thin coat
  • ·         Middle finder: two thin coats
  • ·         Wedding finger: three thin coats
  • ·         Pinky finger: two thicker coats
Closer look at my nail beds and how much glitter is dispensed per coat. From top to bottom, one coat, two coats, three coats, two heavier coats.
Tip I found that when consider longevity I found that two thicker coats lasted longer than three thinner coats.

Here is the low down on the polish:
Pros:
  • ·         Free from toluene, dibutyl phthalate (DBP), formaldehyde and camphor.
  • ·         Easy to apply
  • ·         Super fast drying time.
  • ·         Not bad longevity if you don’t pick at it (see comment below)
Cons
  • ·         I found that it did peel a bit but the longevity wasn’t too bad, after half a week or a bit more it would still look pretty good if you were not temped to peel it off if you saw a lifted corner.

1 comment:

  1. I think this would look great over a darker nail polish shade like black.

    ReplyDelete