Sunday 22 July 2012

Review: 1Skin Solution Tinted Lip Butter - Almond Biscotti

A couple of months ago Raylene from 1Skin Solution conducted a survey on her Facebook page and as an reward the first 200 who completed the survey were sent out a sample of her new 1Skin Solution Tinted Lip Butter (RRP$AU14.50) and I was one of the lucky ones who was sent one!
1Skin Solution Lip Butter in Almond Biscotti

The colour/flavour which I picked was originally Guava Lemonade but that one went missing in the mail and when I sent Raylene an email she was more than happy to send me out another one (by then I had changed my mind and went with Almond Biscotti), to see the full range of colours and the other products made by 1Skin Solutions please visit their website.

Features:

  • Simple, cute design 
  • Simple and short ingredient list, which can be found on their website
  • Almond Biscotti is a sheer Beige colour
  • Glossy finish
  • Australian Made

1Skin Solution Lip Butter in Almond Biscotti

Likes:

  • Great flavour, really does taste like almonds with a subtle fragrance
  • Feels like a lip balm and leaves lips feeling soft and hydrated
  • Does not feel heavy or waxy
  • Creamy texture that just glides onto the lips without any pressure
  • Pretty good pigmentation
  • Great customer service, Raylene is very quick to reply to emails and was more than happy to send me another tube after I notified her about the fact that I never received my first tube

Dislikes:

  • Packaging is a little dodgy, I found that I could wind the product up from the tube but I couldn't wind it down (edit: Raylene suggested the problem with the winding mechanism may be because the lip butter is too creamy and she thinking about altering the formula of the product to remove this issue)
  • Due to the softness/oiliness of the product it does start to smear all over the top of the tube it comes in after a few weeks making it a little messy looking
  • Sometimes, depending on the hydration levels of my lips the lip butter will go on blotchy and/or will move around on my lips and will settle into the lines on my lips

1Skin Solution Lip Butter in Almond Biscotti, note that the colour is a little blotchy with this application
Have you tried anything by 1Skin Solution?
What do you like in a lip product?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so the great review - so glad you are enjoying the product xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raylene, I do try to put everything I can think of in a review and try to be as honest as possible :)

      Delete