Monday 23 July 2012

Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear Mascara in Black

Since I am always ready to receive a freebie I was very happy to apply to get a sample of the Estee Lauder Double Wear, Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara in the mail. The full sized product retails for $48 for 6mL.
Add caption

Features:

  • Gold coloured metal lid and dark blue plastic tube makes this mascara feel luxurious
  • Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara
  • 15 hours staying power
  • Temperature, humidity and perspiration resistant formula
  • Large wand which reaches all of your lashes
  • 6 month shelf life 
  • Available in Black or Brown
  • Made in Canada
Estee Lauder Double Wear, Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara in Black. I am wearing one coat on top lashes only

Likes:

  • Looks natural
  • Not too heavy
  • Does not Clump, if used sparingly
  • Does not smudge or flake
  • Highly Pigmented
  • Stayed in place all day
  • Comes off easily at the end of the day

Dislikes:

  • If you use more than one coat the mascara starts to clump.
  • Mascara starts to come away as soon as it comes in contact with water ie drizzling rain can leave your face with mascara dripping all over it
Though I wasn't sold on this product when I first started to use it, I must say that it has grown on me over the few months that I have been using it. The mascara leaves my lashes with a very natural finish which is pretty hard to beat. The mascara lasts all day but only if there hasn't been any rain and/or if I haven't been crying then I am sure that I can walk around all day without needing to check up on my mascara to see if it has flaked or smudged because I know that it will not.
Though this product has grown on me I still will not be purchasing it myself, the main reason is the price. This product is $48 for 6mL which is way out of my usual make up budget especially since I can get a similar result from using Maybelline's Full N' Soft mascara which retails for a much cheaper $18.45 and is often on sale of $15 or less if you are lucky enough to find it on sale.

Do you splurge on your makeup?
Do you find that the more expensive products are worth the extra$$$?

No comments:

Post a Comment