Sunday 5 August 2012

Review: Maybelline New York Volum’ Express One by One Satin Black Mascara

Here I have got the limited edition Maybelline New York Volum’ Express One by One Satin Black Mascara. This mascara has been released to coincide with Maybelline’s partnership with Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia 2012. And with a RRP $19.25 for 9.6mL, it is also quite affordable.

Features:

  • Bright Pink tube with a very raunchy corset pattern
  • Thick sturdy handle 
  • 300 bristles to catch each and every lash
  • One coat creates great length but is suitable for daytime use
  • Two or more coats create a false lash effect
  • Made in Italy

Likes:

    • Does not clump
    • Defines my lashes
    • It is so easy to coat my bottom lashes with this (I usually get mascara on my skin when I attempt to coat my bottom lashes)
    • Effortless, takes no time at all to apply

    Dislikes:

    • If my eyes start to water I have noticed that this mascara stings my eyes a little
    • Does not stay put all day, I have noticed a bit of smudging under my eyes by 5pm on a number of occasions since my first use
    As with all mascara's one need to use this product a couple of times to get used to the brush and to accomplish the look they are wanting. Below is a image of my eye without any eye makeup on and the next image is the same eye with the application of the Maybelline New York Volum’ Express One by One Satin Black Mascara.
    My eye lashes without mascara


    First time application, one coat applied



    Image of both of my eyes after application of Maybelline New York Volum’ Express One by One Satin Black Mascara.


    View of both eyes first time application of Volum' Express One by One Satin Black Mascara, one coat applied











    Though I have always been a huge fan of Maybelline Mascara's I would have to say that this is a mascara that I would not purchase again. The main reason is because I didn't like the stinging feeling the mascara gave me when my eyes watered, which is something that I have never experienced before and which I find a little concerning. Second because I am not a fan of experiencing panda eyes in the middle of the day, I have other non-waterproof mascaras that do not smudge like this one.
    The lash effect created with the mascara was good since it lengthened my lashes and was easy to use but it does not compensate for the two reasons why I would not purchase this one again.

    Are you a fan of the Maybelline Mascara range?
    Which is your favourite?

    1 comment:

    1. I love maybelline mascaras! My fav is the one by one waterproof mascara in black (the one in the red tube).

      P.S. Thanks for entering my giveaway! Good luck :)

      ReplyDelete