Wednesday 22 August 2012

Review: Yes to Tomatoes Totally Tranquil Facial Hydrating Lotion

About two weeks ago I went to my local Coles and I had a quick look at the reduced to clear isle and I found this moisturiser for just under $3. Though I didn't know the company nor did I know the RRP for this product I decided to give it a try anyway and for less than $3 if I didn't like it I could chuck it out.
After I brought it home and tried it I found it to be excellent and decided to do a search for it on the web and I found that this is not another cheap supermarket brand but is quite pricey for Coles with a price of RRP $US14.99 ~$AU24.00 for 50mL.

Front view Yes to Tomatoes Face Cream
Yes to Tomatoes Face Cream Ingredient List

Yes to Tomatoes Face Cream Side View


Yes to Tomatoes Pump

Features:

  • 99.6% natural ingredients
  • clear/semi-transparent plastic packaging
  • sturdy pump
  • Contains the hydrating power of 26 minerals from the Dead Sea
  • Free of parabens, petroleum and SLS
  • Manufactured by Yes To Ltd, Israel

Likes:

  • Rich consistency that goes on smoothly
  • Moisturizes well
  • Absorbs quickly
  • Softens skin
  • Non greasy/sticky
  • Soothing
  • Pleasant soft fragrance
  • Great quality pump which provides enough cream to thoroughly cover your face and neck though I often find that a half pump is enough for my skin

Dislikes:

  • I've no dislikes so far but a SPF factor would be great for daytime wear.

Overall:

 

One of the reasons why I was willing to purchase this product was because it is for oily/combination skin. When I first applied it to my face I was a little dismayed as to how thick it was because I link thick formulas to a greasy finish but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was not the case. The formula was quite thick but upon application it absorbed right into my skin and I was ready for my next beauty step in the morning within a couple of minutes.
The packaging and the product felt that it was made from high quality material which made the experience of using this product just a little bit better.
With use I have found that overall my skin feels softer and more hydrated than usual but without that grease factor and I hope to find it or another product from this range in shops again sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment