Sunday 22 July 2012

Review: Loreal Youth Code Luminosity Serum

A couple of months ago I was lucky enough to get my hands on the L'Oreal Youth Code Luminosity Serum thanks to L'Oreal and BeautyHeaven. This 30mL serum retails for $AU35.
L'Oreal Youth Code Luminosity Day Serum, with the silver coloured shrink wrap coating on the glass bottle removed.
Features:

  • Glass bottle with silver shrink wrap coating and silver coloured plastic pump
  • Faint fragrance which it quite pleasant
  • The serum has a pretty pearly and luminous appearance
  • The pump dispenses the right amount of product to cover your face when it is hydrated but if your skin is a little dry two pumps may be needed
  • Made in Germany

Likes:
  • Though the advertising claims that this serum is super-hydrating I found that it wasn't too heavy in its formula. This was good for me because I could still use this serum daily, some days I used it by itself when my skin was oily and some days I used it under my usual creme when my skin was a little dry
  • Absorbs well into the skin
  • After a week I noticed an overall improvement to my skin tone, it did not remove or reduce any of my spots but my skin looked healthier and more even in appearance
  • Excellent quality pump that pumps the same amount each time
  • Can use under makeup without any issues
Dislikes:
  •  The shrink wrap coving over the glass bottle which was promptly removed (it made the product look cheap!)
  • A little exy for the supermarket isle, this product is aimed at the 25-35 year olds and teens would also be attracted to this product, therefore the price should reflect that
Overall L'Oreal's Youth Code Luminosity Serum is a very nice product which lives up to its claims of 'corrects dark spots & illuminates'. Though I wouldn't use the word 'correct' since it doesn't get rid of the spots, it hydrates your skin and gives it a glow therefore making the spots less noticeable. This serum comes in a great pump bottle, it absorbs into my skin in seconds and leaves my feels light yet plump and could easily be used under makeup, which therefore means that I found it to be really user friendly and I was happy to continue using it after the trial was completed.


Have you used this product?
Have you noticed a more luminous complexion?

No comments:

Post a Comment